Posters at the 8th International Barcode of Life Conference will be presented digitally online, and on eight standalone kiosks at the conference venue. If your abstract has been accepted also for a lightning talk, you should prepare a 3-minute oral presentation in addition to your e-Poster.
Please use the below guidelines when creating your poster and/or lightning presentation.
- Submit posters as PDF files only.
- Screen dimensions are 1920 x 1080 pixels (full HD, 16:9).
- Portrait orientation.
- Margins should be 50 pixels.
- Place abstract ID number in top right corner of the poster. The ID number can be found in your presentation portal.
- Abstract and content: Minimum recommended font size 20 pts.
- Maximum 2-3 figures.
- References: Minimum recommended font size 16 pts.
The e-Posters will be displayed on 42″ standalone LCD kiosks. Please consider relative height and distance of your audience to the display screen when designing your poster. Consider high-contrast coloring schemes, and avoid complicated figures and the use of red/green fonts/indicators.
Lightning talk requirements
Lightning talks are short oral “teasers” to attract people to your poster. Please keep this in mind when preparing your talk.
- Maximum 3 minutes including questions.
- Maximum 3 slides in 16:9 format (ppt or pdf).
- No animations.
- Provide the title of your presentation on the first slide.