Posters at the 8th International Barcode of Life Conference are presented digitally online, and on eight standalone kiosks at the conference venue. If your abstract has been accepted also for a lightning talk, you have a 3-minute oral presentation in addition to your e-Poster.
All corresponding/submitting authors of abstracts accepted for ePosters and lightning talks have received an e-mail with information on how to submit your ePoster. You can also access this information here: ePoster submission.
Poster submission deadline is June 6, 2019, 23:59 (CEST, Trondheim).
Please use the below guidelines when creating your poster and/or lightning presentation.
- Submit posters as PDF files only.
- Screen dimensions are 1920 x 1080 pixels (full HD, 16:9). Width 79.0 cm, height: 134.6 cm (31.1 in x 53.0 in) with 72 dpi.
- Portrait orientation.
- Margins should be 50 pixels.
- Place abstract/paper ID number in top right corner of the poster. The ID number can be found in your presentation portal, or in the poster program.
- Abstract and content: Minimum recommended font size 20 pts.
- Maximum 2-3 figures.
- References: Minimum recommended font size 16 pts.
The e-Posters will be displayed on 43 inch standalone LCD kiosks. Please consider relative height and distance of your audience to the display screen when designing your poster. Consider high-contrast coloring schemes, and avoid complicated figures and the use of red/green fonts/indicators.
Lightning talk requirements
Lightning talks are short oral “teasers” to attract people to your poster. Please keep this in mind when preparing your talk.
- Maximum 3 minutes including questions.
- Maximum 3 slides in 16:9 format in horizontal (landscape) orientation (ppt or pdf).
- No animations.
- Provide the title of your presentation on the first slide.
- Submit your slides per email to iBOL2019@vm.ntnu.no with the subject “lightning talk slides” by June 12, 23:59 (CEST, Trondheim).
All posters (also those with accepted lightning talks) will be assigned a 10 min slot in the poster program. The poster program will run parallell to oral presentations in the afternoon. A detailed program allocating posters to sessions can be found here: Poster Program.